Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Calendar

Our house is is bringing the focus of Christmas back where it should be... On the birth of Jesus Christ our Savior. We are coming up with new traditions to help us stay on track. Thanks to Lora Green we have the perfect Advent Calendar for our family. The original idea was to number muslin bags and put an ornament in each bag to put on the tree each day. I decided we wanted to put treats in the bags. I wish I could have found bigger bags, but these will hold the 6 little chocolates we are using. I was short on time so I couldn't search online. I purchased these at Michael's in the bridal section.




I decided to dye ours so each child would have specific ones to open.





The colors don't show up real good in the pics but I dyed them to match their stockings. They are green, blue, red, natural(Ronan's stocking is actually white), brown, and purple.

from left to right-Joshua, Jacob, Summer, Ronan, Raiden, Sierra

Then I numbered them with fabric paint I already had.






The bags were sold in lots of 12 so we decided to do a big bag for the 25th... I haven't decided what I'll put in it yet.

front

Summer found this iron on to add to the other side
We are also using the scripture tags of Lora's. Who's ever color bag it is that night, that child will read the verse. Joshua will read Raiden's, Jacob - Ronan's, and Summer - Sierra's... evrybody get a treat each night though.




We are also going to hang them on the tree like Lora. Ronan is just learning his numbers so it will be his job to find the number we are looking for on the tree.

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment