Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 Part 3- Sleeping at our House

This is my 4th post about sleeping arrangements... my last one bragged that we had our bed all to ourselves...ha! I like to blame Scott because he like co-sleeping with toddlers better than I do, but I have to take some blame too.

In May we added to our family again... this time a rescue cat the kids named Ms. Kitty or as Sierra liked to call her... Kiki. Also back in March we had bought a new leather couch. So... I was going to sleep on the couch for the 1st few nights/weeks to protect it from said kitty. Scott being the lonely sleeper decided he would invite the little boys to sleep with him in the mean time. Raiden had grown used to sleeping with Jacob. They would end up crashing in the living room because I had taken the TV out of their room so they didn't disturb Sierra with it, who was right across the hall. But Ronan loved having that one on one time with his daddy.

Sierra was still nursing at 5 or 6 in the am and going back to sleep until 8 or 9, so being in the front livingroom closer to her was easier anyway. Summer joined me in there but on a palate on the floor because Sierra was such a light sleeper until school started back and bed times went into effect. Sierra weaned by the end of July at 27 months and became an early bird. Sometime around Halloween she learned how to climb out of her crib. I took the rail off and side-carred it with Summers bed. For about a month I would lay down with her until she fell asleep and then Summer would go in there and sleep. Then she started making me feel bad because she would keep asking if I was still mama or was I Summer. Plus, it would sometime take 45 minutes for her to fall asleep.

I then kicked all the boys back to their bedrooms and for a week or so, put an air mattress next to out bed, and she slept there. Bonus...she has started staying up later and sleeping later. After Christmas was over and my in-laws left I decided to get Raidens crib back out of the attic and side-car it with our bed once again... she loves it. The boys still end up sleeping in the family room next to our bedroom most nights...but that's okay. Technically we are back to having our bed to ourselves, just not our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment